Millersylvania State Park, nestled right outside Olympia, is home to many short, captivating trails that showcase the park’s natural beauty and diverse ecosystems. Embark on a journey through ancient forests, serene wetlands, and enchanting maple groves as you explore the following trails:
- The trailhead leads you out to Fen Way Boardwalk (.5 miles): Discover the unique beauty of wetlands as you traverse the Fen Way Boardwalk. This elevated wooden pathway winds through a tranquil fen, providing an up-close experience with the park’s delicate wetland ecosystem. Observe an abundance of wetland plants, such as cattails and sedges, and keep an eye out for resident and migratory bird species that call this area home. This short and accessible trail offers a peaceful escape into nature.
- When the trail intersects with Maple Hollow Loop (.7 miles), make a left to experience the vibrant colors of autumn on the trail. As its name suggests, this loop takes you through a serene hollow filled with majestic maple trees. During the fall season, the foliage erupts into a kaleidoscope of red, orange, and gold, creating a breathtaking display. The trail offers a mix of gentle inclines and level stretches, allowing you to savor the beauty of nature at your own pace.
- As the loop intersects the main trail, keep straight and you will be on the Loop Trail (.4 miles).
- You’ll finish by making a left on the main trail and then a left on Old Growth Lane (1 mile). Immerse yourself in the grandeur of Millersylvania State Park’s ancient forests with a walk along Old Growth Lane. This trail takes you through a majestic grove of towering trees, some of which have stood tall for centuries. As you meander along this easy, mile-long path, you’ll be surrounded by the sights and sounds of a vibrant ecosystem, with sunlight filtering through the canopy above.
Remember to plan your visit in advance by checking trail conditions, any seasonal closures, and obtaining necessary permits. Respecting the environment and adhering to trail etiquette will help preserve the natural wonders of Millersylvania State Park for generations to come. Enjoy your journey through these captivating trails and take in the beauty of the Pacific Northwest’s wilderness.
- Campground has side trails that lead out to main path. Make resemillrvations!
- Bring a rod. Deep Lake is great for fishing.
- Before you head out, check out WTA’s trail reports.